March 27, 2012
TUESDAY – 18:53
A few hours ago, someone posted “Black Ops 2 Info Leaked” on ‘Digital Warfare 24/7′s forum section. Link to the post is at the bottom of this blog.
Apparently, this information was “leaked” in the Call of Duty forums yesterday night. Then I read this tweet from David Vonderhaar himself; Game Design Director of Treyarch, one of two (or three: Sledgehammer) Call of Duty developers. The other, Infinity Ward.
And yes, I did repeat what Vahn posted, I WANT A WAY TO WALL BANG CAMPERS! Bold and all in capitals so it sounds like I iz teh mad man. Camping is a disease; unless you call it defensive tactics, then you’re all gewd.
Assuming this info is legit:
“Its release date is set for the 6th of November.“
- No surprises there. Call of Duty release dates are getting predictable as Fifa release dates (early October).
“- Game Modes
- Will be a new game mode
- Similar to Search and Destroy however a live player must be escorted to one of three areas (or two depending on the map) without being killed.
- The match will have rounds, consisting of one life only.
- Drop Zone and Kill Confirmed will return
- Team Defender and Infected will not return“
- I have to be honest, ‘Escort’ sounds like the game mode I always hoped SnD would be. Instead of just the one guy rushing to plant the bomb, have the entire party support the “live player” to finish the objective. I never played ‘Drop Zone’ and barely played ‘Kill Confirmed’ so I couldn’t care less. I’m not too keen on ‘Infected’ or ‘Team Defender’ either so… hurray for ‘Escort’… for now anyway.
- Will follow from Modern Warfare 3’s system
- Larger emphasis on objectives
- A bomb plant is worth 2 points
- A neutral flag is worth 1, however an enemy flag is worth 2
- A flag assist capture is worth 1, a capture is worth 2“
- Uhhmm.. Again… YES! I’m sick of kill whores taking over game types like ‘Capture the Flag’ or ‘Domination’. If this actually gets people to play the objective, oh my goodness. I’m not too keen on pointstreaks, but I suppose they play a big role in getting people to play the objective rather than the ole’ killstreaks.
“- The Specialist Pointstreak has be modified
- You do not get every perk when you reach 8 kills“
- I think it’s fair that you don’t get all perks after 8 kills. I’ll go on a limb here and say that the MW3 Specialist package is OP (Over-powered). And I’m also glad Treyarch has decided to take this into ‘Black Ops 2′ since Specialist was one of the reasons that made MW3 bearable.
“ Heat vision
- Is a new Pointstreak reward
- When you get the required points, you can activate this Pointstreak and your player pulls out a scope and attaches it to your weapon.
- This scopes main advantage is it’s ability to detect enemies through most walls.“
- Remember when I posted Vahn’s tweet about wall banging campers? Yeah But the bit about “most walls” gets to me. But hey, this is bad news to ALL campers. Sorry defensive players
- No MOAB or Nuke
- No last stand
- No death streaks
- No flame thrower attachment“
- Cool. Awesome. Excellent. No last stands, Robert Bowling’s famous words “FUCK YOU LAST STAND!”… And with no death streaks means no ‘Final Stand’ or ‘Dead Man’s Hand’. I never liked death streaks anyway. IMO, they only make you worse. Blops never had death streaks and I rampage through that game. MW2 and MW3, I feel like shit after getting juiced, copycat or martyrdom.
“- Sniper Rifles
- Improved sniper rifle usage.
- No aim assist for any sniper rifle.
- Less sway“
- Seems like it’ll be hard to quick scope this time around. And no aim assist? If you end up sniping on Blops 2, kudos to you.
Much more info was released such as: Customization, Perk System 2.0, Prestiges, etc.
Link to Black Ops 2 “leaked” details:
Have a great evening/day guys. Peace